[vtkusers] Writing structured point data

Boris Breidenbach Boris.Breidenbach at mf.mpg.de
Tue Feb 17 08:42:31 EST 2004

Hello,
  I have a question concerning the vtkStructuredPointsWriter class. I read a file o structured points, manipulate it
  and want to save the changes in a different file. To do this I use the following code:

  vtkStructuredPointsWriter* dataWriter = vtkStructuredPointsWriter::New();
  dataWriter->SetFileTypeToBinary();
  dataWriter->SetFileName( filename.c_str() );
  dataWriter->SetInput( this->StructuredPoints );
  dataWriter->Write();

  this->StructuredPoints is a vtkStructuredPoints*. The code runs through, but the header of the
  output file says it contains also cell data. Where does this come from and how do I suppress the
  output of it?

  I am grateful for any hints you can give me.

  Thanks in advance
  Boris