[vtkusers] Re: trying to get VTK up and running on a PC

Reagan Penner rpenner at cs.usask.ca
Mon Feb 16 11:50:40 EST 2004

Ah yes, thanks I realized my error(s) finally. I was selecting c:\VTK\CMake
as my source directory that was my first mistake. Once I selected c:\vtk as
the source dir everything got better I am now able to turn on examples and
tcl wrapping.

My second mistake was not knowing what the file extension was for vs .net
2003 files (.sln), not to intuitive but oh well that's MS for ya.

I am building as I type but I can now see the c:\vtk_bin\bin directory so
things are looking up.

One more question if you don't mind, well actually it breaks into a couple
of small questions. In the installation manual that you pointed me to under
section 6 "Setting Up the System" he talks about setting up paths. First of
all on a windows system shouldn't the path for release use the backward
slashes? And secondly the wrapping path for tcl is referenced, in the
document, to be under c:/vtk/... but should this not be under
c:/vtk_bin/wrapping/...?

Type-os always make things complicated as the line between correct and
incorrect is so easily blurred.

thanks for all your help on this topic ............. Reagan