[vtkusers] creating color maps

Muralidharan Dhanakoti murali at uab.edu
Sun Feb 15 17:25:29 EST 2004

Hi all,

I had a query about creating 2D height maps of my terrian data, when I
use Elevation Filter to associate scalars with my terrain, my terrain
gets colored according to the Lookup table I have designed, but I'am not
sure how I can get a just a 2D version with different colors
representing different heights.
I have a z = sin(x)*cos(y) terrain (basically a quad mesh obtained by
measuring z at discrete x and y).

I want my rendering to be something similar to the hawaii.tcl output,
this program was found in the CDROM with the VTK book (the older
version) they were reading from a file called honolulu.vtk, but that
file was not found in the CDROM.

Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated,
Murali.