[vtkusers] Picking points from multiple surfaces.

安 继业 an_jiye at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 02:52:08 EST 2004

Hi.

I extract multiple isosurfaces from a data set by vtkContourFilter, just as
the vtk examples Medical/Medical2.cxx illustrated. Now I want to pick
points from the displayed surfaces. Here's some questions:

1. Generally, a keypress "P" is used to perform a picking operation. This
is somewhat inconvenient for users. So I want to picking points by press
the left mouse button. When the left button is pressed, I want to get the
world coordinates at that point. How to achieve this?

2. Since there are multiple surfaces displayed in the same render window
together, how can I determin which surface the picking point is on? And can
I pick points on each surface by mouse?

3. If I extract 2 surfaces from one data set, and 2 surfaces from another
dataset, can I display them together? Simply by add the 4 separate actors
to the rendering window? Are the latter 2 isosurfaces of the same
coordinate system with the former 2? For example, if I pick a point from
one surface from the surface of the first data set and get it's coordinate
(1, 1, 1), and another point from the surface of the second dataset with
coordinate (2, 2, 2), so can these two coordinates be compared to calculate
the shift between the two data sets?

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jiye An