[vtkusers] Compiling VTK 4.2 under MacOS 10.3.2

hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri Feb 13 05:18:44 EST 2004

I am trying to install VTK 4.2 on my iBook, which runs MacOS 10.3.2,
the Apple developer kit (which includes gcc 3.3), and a lot of stuff
from Fink, including cmake 1.8.2.

ccmake leads rather quickly to the error message

   Compiling VTK CMake commands - failed

cmake -i does the same, but lets me proceed, asking questions that I
don't quite understand (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE for example), and, if I accept
the default replies, produces the same error message once again.

Someone has already reported this problem, but under Linux, whereas
others who report problems under MacOS seem to have progressed much
further. Is this perhaps a gcc-related problem? But most of all, what
can I do to move on? Any hints on what I could check or test?

Konrad.
-------
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail:
hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr