[vtkusers] Re: FW: [Paraview] Cutting cells of different dimension

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Wed Feb 11 13:17:10 EST 2004

Hi Julien,

The problem is in cell->Contour(...) (or maybe in the way vtkCutter is
using cell->Contour(...)).  What's happening is that when the cell contours
itself, it adds a new cell as necessary to the appropriate cell array
(verts, lines, or polys), which returns the id of the cell in that array.
Contour then uses that id to copy cell data to.  The problem is that if
your data set has different types of cells, then the first vertex, line,
and polygon inserted will all have the same cell id.  I'll add this as a
bug report for VTK.

- Amy