[vtkusers] how to use vtkSocketCommunicator::Send/Receive

Richard Dinoso richdinoso at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 12:46:25 EST 2004

Does anyone know how to properly use the Send and Receive methods in
vtkSocketCommunicator? I am running a server process and a client process
where the client connects to the server process and then the server process
sends the client a polydata. I am calling the Send and Receive functions
like so:

(using python)
tag = 123
remoteProcessId = 1
in server:  communicator.Send(polydata, remoteProcessId, tag)
in client:   communicator.Receive(polydata, remoteProcessId, tag)

The programs runs without any errors. I suspect that I'm not using the
correct value for remoteProcessId. How do I set the remoteProcessId or
determine it's value?

Thanks for any help.
Richard