[vtkusers] retrieving orientation of a object in a 3D scene in real-time

Simon DROUIN sdrouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 11 08:13:03 EST 2004

Vincent Daanen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm vizualizing a 3D shape in a vtkRenderer. I can move it but I can't
> find
> the way to retrieve the information about the orientation in real-time
> ie while moving it.
>
> I guess I should use the vtkRenderWindowInteractor but I don't know
> how to do
>
> Can anybody help me ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Vince

One way of doing that would be to add an observer on the vtkRenderWindow
and catch the Start or End event. The observer will then be called every
time the window is rendered. Then, you can grab a pointer to the actor
who's orientation you want to track and call GetOrientation().

Hope it can help.

Simon.