[vtkusers] using patented code and decimation query

Muralidharan Dhanakoti murali at uab.edu
Mon Feb 9 23:06:29 EST 2004

Hi vtk users,

 I was wondering if anyone knew how to use patented code of vtk library.
 I wanted to used vtkDecimate rather than vtkDecimatePro. I downloaded
 the .h and .cpp files for vtkDecimate and tried to compile but I'am
 getting "Inconsistent DLL linkage" error.

 I have another query and this is about vtkDecimatePro, I set all the
 ivar's that this code needs but my output still contains holes, sealing
 of holes (re-triangulation) doesn't seem to happen, can anyone throw
 some light as to why this happens

 This is what I'am doing

> vtkDecimatePro *decimate =3D vtkDecimatePro::New();
>  decimate->SetInput(data);
>  decimate->SetTargetReduction(0.1);
>  decimate->SplittingOn();
>  decimate->PreserveTopologyOff();
>  decimate->BoundaryVertexDeletionOff();
>   decimate->SetMaximumError(VTK_LARGE_FLOAT);

 Looking forward to your suggestions,
 Murali.