[vtkusers] vtkLookupTable with vtkStructuredPoints or vtkStructuredGrid : How it works ???

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Mon Feb 9 09:42:49 EST 2004

Hello,

I am not sure what method you are using to display your structured points
data set. Once you threshold to get a structured grid you have a lot of
primitives - perhaps when you display the structured points you are
rendering only the boundary and with the structured grid you are rendering
all cells? That would cause a significant slowdown. Also keep in mind that
the first render may take longer than subsequent ones when immediate mode
rendering is off  (display lists are being used) - this is the time to
build the display list.

If you only want to render the boundary there are filters you can use to
extract that. If you want to render all the cells, then you should consider
using volume rendering on the original structured points.

Lisa