[vtkusers] implicit functions other than quadric

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Sun Feb 8 19:15:54 EST 2004

Hi,
  derive a class from vtkImplicitFunction and implement EvaluateFunction
and EvaluateGradient.
It sounds like you want to evaluate arbitrary functions so I would
recommend setting up a way for the Evaluate functions to call a user
defined function (there are examples of this kind of thing in vtk).
Follow vtk style (http://www.vtk.org/contribute.php) and submit it for
inclusion in vtk once it is working, this would be useful.

   Dave P.

                      Feiqi Zhang
                      <zfq212 at mail.ku.e        To:       vtkusers at vtk.org
                      du>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [vtkusers] implicit functions other than quadric
                      vtkusers-admin at vt
                      k.org

                      09/02/2004 12:50

Hello,
I am looking for a method to visualize implicit functions like
F(x,y,z)=sin(x)+cos(y)*2+exp(z)
F(x,y,z)=x^5+y*z^3+x*y
I cannot find any suitable Class under "vtkImplicitFunction" that can solve

this problem. But, I don't believe vtk cannot handle such functions which
are
mathematically simple.

Anybody can give me a hint how to do it?

Thanks a lot.

ISA lab, University of Kansas
Lawrence, Kansas
785-864-2995(O)