[vtkusers] (no subject)

James C. Robinson j.robinson at kepler-systems.com
Sun Feb 8 06:58:40 EST 2004

Dear All,

I have used the vtkMFCRenderView as a base class for an MFC type view. This
has being behaving correctly until I put I added a vtxAxes object using the
sample code described at

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2001-September/007992.html

I adapted it to work in the MFC architecture (the vtAxes object is part of
my Document etc.). It essentially works, except I now get a crash in the
destructor of the view base class (vtkMFCRenderView). The crash occurs when
the last line is being executed (delete the Renderwindow). If I comment it
out I get no crash, but I assume the window is not destroyed (which at best
is tying up memory). Any ideas???

vtkMFCRenderView::~vtkMFCRenderView()
{
  if (this->Interactor)   { this->Interactor->Delete(); }
  if (this->Renderer)     { this->Renderer->SetRenderWindow(NULL); }
  if (this->Renderer)     { this->Renderer->Delete(); }
  if (this->RenderWindow) { this->RenderWindow->Delete(); }
}

Also, Uwe Rempler, goes on to describe how he improved the axes in Python.
The behaviour that I want is something like he describes:
1. Each axes a different colour (red, green, blue),
2. The render viewport for the axes to be transparent, so that it doesn't
obscure any of the actors in the main renderer,
3. The axes to be labelled with x, y, z that at least rotate with the axes
(ideally that move, but that keep oriented towards the camera),
4. Control over the main view using the axes (e.g. click on the z axis and
the main view is rotated to a plan view etc.).

All suggestions welcomed.

Regards,

Jim
______________________