[vtkusers] Re: IRIX compilation error

Michael Rice MichaelARice at knology.net
Fri Feb 6 10:25:09 EST 2004

It does look like the -LANG:std setting is not being set. The odd part
is that the MIPSpro 7.4.1 compiler is supposed to set that flag by
default (that is a difference from the 7.3 compilers).

 From chapter 4 of the 7.4.1 release notes:

          The MIPSpro 7.4 C++ compiler is based on version 2.45 of the
          Edison Design Group front end. It provides improvements in
          ANSI standard compliance over the MIPSpro 7.3 C++ versions.
          As such, it sets -LANG:std=on by default. If necessary, this
          can be overriden to the MIPSpro 7.3 default behavior in one
          of three ways
             - By setting -LANG:std=off on the command line
             - By adding -LANG:std=off to the compiler.defaults file.
               For more information on setting up a compiler.defaults
               file see the pe_environ(5) man page.
             - By setting the new SGI_C++ environment variable to "-
               LANG:std=off".

Michael