[vtkusers] Re: IRIX compilation error

Steve Joyce Steve.Joyce at sercoassurance.com
Fri Feb 6 03:56:27 EST 2004

Joshua,

I'm not sure what is causing your compilation problem, but here are the
non-default settings I used to build VTK 4.2.3 on IRIX 6.5 using version
7.3.1.1m of the MIPSpro C++ compiler with Java wrappers. I think that
setting VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB to ON caused me compilation errors, which is
why I set it OFF. The same thing might be affecting you.

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON
BUILD_TESTING=OFF
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=CC
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-O1 -n32 -mips3
CMAKE_C_FLAGS=-O1 -n32 -mips3
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS=-O1 -n32 -mips3
CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS=-O1 -n32 -mips3
CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS=-O1 -n32 -mips3
CMAKE_RANLIB=/sbin/echo
CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=YES
CMAKE_HP_PTHREADS=OFF
CMAKE_USE_PTHREADS=ON
CMAKE_THREAD_LIBS-lpthread
CMAKE_USE_HYBRID=ON
VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB=OFF
VTK_WRAP_JAVA=ON
JAVA_ARCHIVE=/usr/java2/bin/jar
JAVA_AWT_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/java2/include
JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY=/usr/java2/lib32/sgi/libjawt.so
JAVA_COMPILE=/usr/java2/bin/javac
JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/java2/include
JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH2=/usr/java2/include/irix
JAVA_RUNTIME=/usr/java2/bin/java

Steve

Compiling on IRIX 6.5.20 with MIPSpro version 7.4 compilers I get the
following errors:

/var/tmp/VTK/build> make
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
-- Check for working C compiler: cc -- works
-- Check for working CXX compiler: CC -- works
-- Checking to see if CXX compiler acepts flag -LANG:std
-- Checking to see if CXX compiler acepts flag -LANG:std - yes
-- Compiling VTK CMake commands
-- Compiling VTK CMake commands - done
-- Using Buildname: IRIX64-CC
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Checking to see if CXX compiler acepts flag -LANG:std
-- Checking to see if CXX compiler acepts flag -LANG:std - yes
-- Using Buildname: IRIX64-CC
`cmake.check_depends' is up to date.
cmake.depends is up-to-date
/var/tmp/VTK/build/Wrapping: building default_target
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...

<snip>

/var/tmp/VTK/build/Utilities/DICOMParser: building default_target
`cmake.depends' is up to date.
`cmake.check_depends' is up to date.
cmake.depends is up-to-date
Building object file DICOMFile.o...
"/usr/include/CC/new", line 74: error(3181): array of functions is not

allowed
  void *operator new[](size_t) __NEW_THROW_BAD_ALLOC;
                       ^

"/usr/include/CC/new", line 74: error(3596): an operator name must be
declared
          as a function
  void *operator new[](size_t) __NEW_THROW_BAD_ALLOC;
        ^

"/usr/include/CC/iostream", line 18: error(4007): #error directive:
This
          header file requires the -LANG:std option

  #error This header file requires the -LANG:std option
   ^

2 errors and 1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of
"/var/tmp/VTK/Utilities/DICOMParser/DICOMFile.cxx".
Compilation terminated.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

=======================================

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
  Joshua Foster

****Disclaimer***********
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged material; it  is for the intended addressee(s) only.  If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or disclose such information.

Serco cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any attachments are free from viruses.

The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the originator and do not necessarily represent the views of Serco.

Nothing in this e-mail shall bind Serco in any contract or obligation.

Serco Group plc.  Registered in England and Wales.  No: 2048608
Registered Office:  Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UY, United Kingdom.
****End Disclaimer*******
<<<<GWIASIG 0.07>>>>