[vtkusers] scaling height field

Christopher M. Navarro cnavarro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 4 11:23:38 EST 2004

Is there a general way to calculate a "good" scaling factor used in
vtkWarpScalar based on the information provided by loading a structured
points data set?  By good I mean something that won't warp it so much that
the image is garbage (besides setting it to 0 and then adjusting it after
it renders).  I would like the image to show up slightly 3d so it doesn't
appear to be a 2d image.  Is there any way I can use the stats such as
grid spacing, scalar range, etc to come up with a good scaling factor?
Thanks.

regards,

-chris