[vtkusers] get the point intensity?

Laurent Mundeleer lmundele at ulb.ac.be
Wed Feb 4 05:56:05 EST 2004

Hi,

I use VC++, and I still have a problem with the functions obtaining
scalars values in images.
I'd like to calculate it in one time with GetScalars, but I've an error
saying this :
"
ERROR: In C:\vtk\vtksrc\Common\vtkImageData.cxx, line 1571
vtkImageData (0x05571A40): GetScalarPointer: Pixel (362, 371, 1) not in
memory.
Current extent= (0, 668, 0, 658, 0, 0)

ERROR: In C:\vtk\vtksrc\Common\vtkImageData.cxx, line 1571
vtkImageData (0x05571A40): GetScalarPointer: Pixel (362, 371, 2) not in
memory.
Current extent= (0, 668, 0, 658, 0, 0)
"
Here's the code :
when charging the image volume :
   valeursImage = (vtkFloatArray*)
mapper->GetScalars(src->GetOutput(),0,0,0,0,*component);

/************************ test fonction with positions[0] : x ,
positions[1] : y
void affichageBase::testValues()
{
   if (mapper->GetInput()->GetScalarPointer() != NULL)
   {
       float res;
       for (int i = 0; i< 20 ; i++)
       {
           res =
mapper->GetInput()->GetScalarComponentAsFloat(positions[0],
positions[1], i, 0);
           cout<<"val res : "<<res<<" en " <<positions[0]<<" , "
<<positions[1]<<" , " <<i<<endl;
           cout<<"val component :
"<<valeursImage->GetComponent(mapper->GetInput()->FindPoint(positions[0],
positions[1], i) ,0)<<" en " <<positions[0]<<" , " <<positions[1]<<" , "
<<i<<endl;
       }

   }
}
******************************/
The output of this  code is :
"
val res : 255 en 367 , 344 , 0
val component : 24 en 367 , 344 , 0
val res : 0 en 367 , 344 , 1
val component : 3.94606e-042 en 367 , 344 , 1
val res : 0 en 367 , 344 , 2
val component : 3.94606e-042 en 367 , 344 , 2
val res : 0 en 367 , 344 , 3
"
So, first, the values for the point of the image ont the screen are
different with the two methodes. Are the IDs unique?
Secondly, I've NULL values for the images who aren't  rendered.

What should I do?

thanks

Laurent

PS : sorry for the preview message with truncated title

Laurent Mundeleer
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
Service des Systèmes Logiques et Numériques (SLN) CP165/57
50, Av. F.Roosevelt
1050 Bruxelles
Belgium
tel : ++32.2.650.22.97