[vtkusers] NetCDF reader/writer for VTK

Luke J West ljw at soc.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 4 04:14:22 EST 2004

Bernd,

I haven't done this before, but am about to. I'm designing a class heirarchy for
generic NetCDF/HDF/HDF5 Scientific Dataset (and Dimension) data. I was thinking
to map NetCDF/HDFx SDS's to vtkDataArray's - i.e. vtkFloatArray, etc and vice versa.

I'm using vtk in 64Bit on IRIX64 with HDF5. My files (from a numerical
simulation of the global ocean) are so huge, they need to be 64bit.

I'll keep the list posted as to progress and publish my classes when ready.

Please let me know what your own plans are. Also, if you don't mind me asking,
what is your CFD application and what kind of visualisations are you doing?

Luke J West : Research Assistant : e-Science
Rm. 566/12, School of Ocean & Earth Sciences
Southampton Oceanography Centre, Southampton
SO14 3ZH  United Kingdom
Tel: +44 23 8059 4801  Fax: +44 23 8059 3052
Mob: +44 79 6107 4783