[vtkusers] Problem using vtkDEMReader

Everette W. Sperling ewsperling at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 3 18:09:45 EST 2004

When compiling and linking my program using vtkDEMReader with Visual C++, I
get the following error:

Heightfield.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkDEMReader * __cdecl
vtkDEMReader::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkDEMReader@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Debug/Heightfield.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Other than the inclusion of the header file, the only code that I have
referencing vtkDEMReader is:

  vtkDEMReader *demModel = vtkDEMReader::New();
    demModel->SetFileName("data/birmingham-w.dem");
    demModel->Update();

birmingham-w.dem is a DEM (Digital Elevation Model) file.

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

Everette W. Sperling