[vtkusers] Build problem with Tcl wrapper on cygwin?

David Duke D.Duke at bath.ac.uk
Mon Feb 2 12:02:21 EST 2004

I've been updating my VTK installation, on a WinXP PC running cygwin,
from the cvs server.  Previously I've had no problems compiling from CVS
updates, but now I am running into a problem:

[release compiles okay up to this point]
/cygdrive/d/VTK/Wrapping/Tcl: building default_target
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
Building object file vtkTkAppInit.o...
Building executable /cygdrive/d/VTK/bin/vtk.exe...
g++: vtk.o: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [/cygdrive/d/VTK/bin/vtk.exe] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Wrapping_Tcl] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

Looking at the Makefile in the Wrapping/Tcl subdir generated by CMake,
it has a file vtk.o as one of the vtk_SRC_OBJS, with vtk.o itself
depending on a file resources/vtk.rc, which was not present in the
previous version I compiled (2003/12/01).  Is CMake somewhere confusing
an MSDev and cygwin  build?  Could anyone suggest what, if anything, I
might have misconfigured -- as far as I can see, my ccmake settings are
the same as before.  I'm using ccmake 1.8.3, compiling just the release
(none of my local code). I can probably manage fine going back to the
last official release, but it seemed worth raising this, in case anyone
else has run into it.

thanks,
David