[vtkusers] Please Help

Mayuresh Dalal mayur_vtk at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 1 00:52:15 EST 2004

Hi People,

Please help me......Can someone please tell me which is the method where
Z-buffering is actually
performed for each pixel?

I need to modify the way z buffering is performed and also the way Z buffer
is used for displaying objects/props

Does vtk rely on OpenGL z-buffering or does it have its own explicit
z-buffering ?   If, can someone point out the C++ method where z-buffering
is performed in VTK ?

Ok, in the terminology that I am used to(might differ with some of you),
frame buffer is the array in which all pixel info( R,G,B,A,Z) is stored and
is used to plot indivisual pixels on the screen.

I want to render 2 objects. Areas of object 2 are occluded behind object 1.I
want to preserve the data corresponding to the OCCLUDED areas, which are
traditionally eliminated / overwritten in the frame buffer. I want to
preserve the data so that I can use it when looking at the same 2 objects
from a different camera position.

how should I go about backing up that info before it is lost/overwritten in
the framebuffer?

I need to stop the removal of FRONT FACING , but HIDDEN surfaces.

Is there a way of doing this?

Please help me.