[vtkusers] vtkCubeAxisActor2D Performance

Klaus Allmendinger klaus at innovate-tech.com
Mon Dec 20 15:28:01 EST 2004

Hi,

So far I am VERY pleased with this library. I am using it for a carpet plot
(Windows XP). I added a vtkCubeAxisActor2D to the plot and the rendering
performance drops significantly from > 30 fps to < 2 fps when rotating the
camera.
By chance I found that when procedurally changing the camera azimuth
(rotating through 360 deg, by 1 deg at a time) the performance drops only
slightly as long as the mouse cursor is outside the render window. As soon
as I move the cursor into the window the performance goes down. Anybody
else experiencing this? What can be done about it?

Regards,
Klaus