[vtkusers] Surface or Volume Rendering or What ?

Mohamed Sabry m_sabri at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 22:30:36 EST 2004

Dear VtkUsers,

I need to visualize the internal views of hollow organs. I tried both
surface and volume rendering of vtk. However, i never get the output
provided by commercial packages such as

http://www.vitalimages.com/vipage.aspx?pg=ct-colonography

My questions are, if you already saw that website.

1. Are they using surface/volume rendering (I believe surface!)
2. How to achieve that quality using vtk. Is it a light problem, or
rendering technique one.

I do not think it is my graphic card problem because i have "nvidia Quadro
FX 3000. "

thanks for your help.

M. Sabry Hassouna
Medical Imaging Research Assistant