[vtkusers] draw real texturen a torus

LingXiao Zhao lingxiao.zhao at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 04:34:12 EST 2004

Hi Moti:

I don't know what exactly your requirement for the 3D torus surface
is. However, you can create the vtkPolyData object of such a torus
using vtkSuperquadric or vtkSuperquadricSource. If you want to create
the torus surface using marching-cubes. The better option is
vtkSuperquadric, then you can use vtkSampleFunction to sample this
surface and use vtkMarchingCubes to create a closed torus surface
mesh. Be aware of that, you have to use vtkSuperquadric::ToroidalOn()
and the quality can be tuned by your sampling resolution
(vtkSampleFunction::SetSampleDimensions).

While if you would like to use vtkSuperquadricSource only, such a
surface is actually composed by several patches. It will have creases,
which are not very tractable.

Good luck to your work.
Lingxiao