[vtkusers] how to show 4D?

Emiliano Beronich emiliano at veccsa.com
Thu Dec 16 10:07:57 EST 2004

Hi Kingaza,

Here is my class an some code for using it.

#include "itkJoinDimensionsImageFilter.h"

these are typical definitions:

typedef itk::Image < float, 4 > itkImage4DType;
typedef itk::Image < float, 3 > itkImage3DType;
typedef itk::JoinDimensionsImageFilter< itkImage4DType, itkImage3DType >
JoinerType;

The output of this filter is the input of a VTKImageExport

typedef itk::VTKImageExport< itkImage3DType > ExporterType;

then it follows a vtkImageImport and your vtk pipeline for visualization
(maybe vtkResampleImageFilter, vtkImageMapToColors, vtkImageMapper, etc...).
The input of the JoinDimensionsImageFilter is a 4D image. You can use a
PermuteAxesImageFilter for select another orthogonal view of the volume.
But remember, the JoinDimensionsImageFilter joins the last two (3rd and
4th) oh his input.

typedef itk::PermuteAxesImageFilter< itkImage4DType > PermuterType;

If you have any trouble with this filter or if you find a bug I will
appreciate you let me know.

Regards,
Emiliano Beronich