[vtkusers] how to show 4D?

Emiliano Beronich emiliano at veccsa.com
Wed Dec 15 09:54:54 EST 2004

Hi Kingaza,

yes, the application is running very well. I'm using the first approach.
If you had an image of 64x64x64x8, then the vtkImageData would have an
extent of 64x64x512. Suppose the order in the 3rd dimension is z-t. For
getting a slice you just need to calculate

ZSlice = z + t * 8;

In this case you don't need any special class, just select the right
ZSlice in the vtkImageMapper. However if you want to display another
pair of axes (X-Z or Y-Z) you need special classes. Using only vtk
requires your own transformations classes (that work with
vtkImageReslice), using itk requires stacking the 3rd and 4th dimension
along a the 3rd. I prefer the last one.
Do you need to show a different pair of axes? If you need it I could
send the classes I have developed to you.

Regards,
Emiliano