[vtkusers] Cmake for Mac OSX 10.2

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Dec 13 11:14:56 EST 2004

Brad King wrote:
> Scott J. Pearson wrote:
>
>> As far as I can tell, Cmake will not execute properly for Mac OSX 10.2
>> (Jaguar), only 10.3 (Panther). I do not have Panther installed, nor do I
>> wish to purchase it. Does anyone have Cmake installed for Jaguar? It is
>> prerequisite for installing VTK.
>

> CMake was written for Jaguar before Panther came out, and it should
> still work.  What is going wrong?  If you are using the wxCMakeSetup
> dialog then this is known to be broken on the Mac.  Try using the ccmake
> curses dialog instead.

As a side note, there used to be a special hack to compile VTK on
Jaguar. Which was recently removed from VTK CVS. That means you won't be
able to compile VTK unless you put back the hack (*).

HTH,
Mathieu
(*) Look for in older VTK version:
//-----  This hack needed to compile using gcc3 on OSX until new