[vtkusers] Re: Scalar color / LookupTable / Interpolation

Steve Joyce Steve.Joyce at sercoassurance.com
Thu Dec 9 08:43:48 EST 2004

Jacques,

Try vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter.
You would need to convert your unstructured grid to poly data first
(e.g. with vtkGeometryFilter).
You can then control the number of colours used in the interpolation
and the interpolation is by value rather than colour.

Regards,
Steve

>>> vtkusers-request at vtk.org 09/12/2004 13:30:17 >>>
I guess i have the same problem as the one discribed in :
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-April/073604.html
but for thresholding purpose.

Let's assume we have a quad in an unstructured grid with the following
values at
each vertex.
We assign to the data set mapper a lut with ten colors and a color
range from 0
to 1

0.0-------------------  0.5
|                         |
|                         |
0.5 -------------------  1.0

The resulting rendering is a continuous color interpolation with
millions of
colors between vertices where I would like to have a color mapping
using only 10
colors. The SetInterpolationTo* method does not help.

****Disclaimer***********
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged material; it  is for the intended addressee(s) only.  If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or disclose such information.

Serco cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any attachments are free from viruses.

The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the originator and do not necessarily represent the views of Serco.

Nothing in this e-mail shall bind Serco in any contract or obligation.

Serco Group plc.  Registered in England and Wales.  No: 2048608
Registered Office:  Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UY, United Kingdom.
****End Disclaimer*******
<<<<GWIASIG 0.07>>>>