[vtkusers] customizing the event loop

Jean-Christophe Lombardo Jean-Christophe.Lombardo at cstb.fr
Fri Dec 3 09:33:12 EST 2004

Hi,

I need to execute my own piece of code during the
vtkRenderWindowInteraction event loop or at least at regular time
interval. Is there any easy way to do this ?

By the way, is there any way to force a redraw ?

As my app is multi threaded, the scene could be modified by several
processes and I need to update vtk accordingly. Moreover, my app has to
run on several different hardware, I'd like to avoid rewriting the
vtkRenderWindowInteraction::Start() method for both X and Win32 based
systems...

Thanks

jcl
--
Jean-Christophe Lombardo  - Salle Immersive "Le Corbusier"
Environnements Virtuels Enrichis / Enriched Virtual Environments