[vtkusers] Ensight Reader

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Thu Dec 2 18:25:22 EST 2004

Vi H Rapp wrote:
> I am using tcl and I was wondering how I specify which ensight file I want
> it to read. For example, I am using vtkGenericEnsightReader and I have
> already read in my case file, but I have 4 different files that are in my
> case file. How do I specify which one I want it to read? (ie pressure,
> temperature, entropy, velocity) Is there a command in the reader that I
> need to use to specify it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Vi,

	I think what you are looking for is what is done in the test:

VTK/Graphics/Testing/Tcl/EnSightSelectArrays.tcl
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Graphics/Testing/Tcl/EnSightSelectArrays.tcl?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain

<snip>
vtkGenericEnSightReader reader
reader SetCaseFileName $VTK_DATA_ROOT/Data/EnSight/blow1_ascii.case
reader SetTimeValue 1
reader ReadAllVariablesOff

reader SetPointArrayStatus displacement 1
reader SetCellArrayStatus thickness 1
reader SetCellArrayStatus displacement 1

reader Update
</snip>

	The only thing you need to know is the name of your VARIABLE (EnSight
definition), which may be different from the actual data filenames.

HTH,
Mathieu