[vtkusers] Re: compiling VTK on Mac OSX with Python

Dave Reed dreed at capital.edu
Wed Dec 1 22:36:58 EST 2004

> Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
> From: Charles Moad <cmoad at indiana.edu>
> Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:27:32 -0500
>
> You should look at fink.  It has vtk and the python extensions.
>
> - Charlie

I don't know why I didn't think to check there. I had started with
darwinports because it had some packages I needed that fink didn't but
later installed fink and gnucash from it because darwinports didn't
have gnucash. I installed the vtk-py23 and it appears to work. Only
minor issue is I now have multiple copies of some things (e.g., python
from Mac, python from darwinports, and now python from fink). Some day
I'll have to look into compiling the code directly using their patches
to avoid this, but this works fine for now.

Thanks,
Dave