[vtkusers] RE: VTK 4.4.x Windows binaries for Python 2.3?
spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 06:42:58 EST 2004
Thanks Prabhu and Arnd, for the advice on Enthought edition.
I installed it, everything works and looks very good, there aren't many
* VTK: I am trying to figure out how to plot a vector field from an
(without needing to dump a datafile and import into MayaVi)
If anyone has a code snippet please let me know, esp. anything simple CFD or
* In VTK or Maya Vi, can I plot directly from a function or a data structure
without needing to
dump a data file?
(As I recall MatLab allows you to plot anything directly from the
*function*, it implicitly samples the function to a data structure with very
sensible auto-determined limits, axes, coloring etc. This is an incredibly
powerful feature - FYI.)
* MayaVi examples: Prabhu it does not contain the second example referenced
* Python Enthought edition ("Enthon"):
- due to package dependencies, you are pretty much stuck with the version of
they use i.e. you can't overlay newer wx or VTK
- Enthought tell me they will at some point recompile this for VTK 4.4 (and
maybe wx 2.5.x)
* Building Python+VTK on Windows: it seems very few people actually do this.
I will contact CMake and ask them to better document what compilers they
Windows - seems you need MS or Borland.
More information about the vtkusers