[vtkusers] reading in your own XML format in vtk

Joeri Nicolaes joeri_vtk at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 08:22:06 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a 3D medical application written in Tcl/Tk that consists of 3D measurements on multiple slices. The measurement is supposed to be driven by an XML scheme that I've written.
For the moment I use vtkXMLPolyDataReader to read in a .vtp file (I've rewritten my XML file to the .vtp format), but this doesn't suffices for my application. Is there a way to add specific tags to the XML file and to the parser that vtkXMLPolyDataReader uses? Or is the only solution to write a subclass of vtkXMLParser in C for instance that parses these new tags?
Has anyone ever encountered the same problem? How to solve it (quick)??

thx,

Joeri,
Agfa Gevaert, R&D/TI
+ 32 (0) 3 444 6429,