[vtkusers] oblique reslicing

Joeri Nicolaes joeri_vtk at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 05:17:48 EDT 2004

Hi,

I read in medical CT data with vtkVolume16Reader and I would like to do some oblique reslicing. I currently use vtkImageReslice to extract the three orthogonal slices, but can anyone give me tips how to easily extract an oblique slice through for instance 2 points selected in an axial view?? I think the method SetResliceAxesDirectionCosines is the one to adjust, but how? I don't have a clue...

Here is my reslicing code:

# reslice origin: the resliced plane always goes through this point -> used to select the slices
set reslice1OrX 0
set reslice1OrY 0
set reslice1OrZ 0

vtkImageReslice slicer1
  slicer1 SetInput [resample GetOutput]
  slicer1 SetResliceAxesOrigin $reslice1OrX $reslice1OrY $reslice1OrZ
  slicer1 SetResliceAxesDirectionCosines 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1
  slicer1 SetOutputDimensionality 2
# switch between nearest neighbour, linear and cubic
  slicer1 SetInterpolationModeToCubic

Thx,

Joeri,
Agfa Gevaert, R&D/TI