[vtkusers] Texture Mapping Image Quality

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Mon Aug 30 14:17:24 EDT 2004

Hi Patrick,

What do you mean by "image characteristics"?  I'm guessing that your
image is either 8-bit greyscale or 24-bit RGB if it is a TIFF.  If
this is the case, then VTK will use the data as a texture without
any conversion, and the only things that should impact quality are
the 32-bit flag I mentioned, and the actor's lighting properties.

By "low quality" do you mean the image looks noisy, or do you mean
that the contrast is poor?