[vtkusers] problem encountered in moving from VTK4.2 to VTK4.4

Lichan.Hong at parc.com Lichan.Hong at parc.com
Thu Aug 26 15:09:16 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my code base from VTK4.2 to VTK4.4 and run into
the following problem:

I have a filter class (written in Java) which uses "SetStartMethods()",
which has been removed from VTK4.4. As suggested by the VTK FAQ 6.3, I
could replace this method using AddObserver(vtkCommand::StartEvent,
myCommand). Unfortunately, vtkCommand (or any of its subclasses) seems
not to be in the Java wrapper of VTK4.4.

I have my code base written in Java under Windows and hope to stay this
way. I am wondering if someone has encountered a similar issue or has
any suggestions. Many thanks in advance.

Lichan