[vtkusers] ATI Petition for Adequate Drivers in Linux

Day, Robert Robert.Day at health.wa.gov.au
Wed Aug 25 22:43:22 EDT 2004

Sorry, I missed the smiley, so call me humour impaired :-).

It still doesn't help them convince the company if they can't even spell one of their best selling products correctly...

As to Toshiba being the culprit in my case, sure that's what ATI says on its web site, and it's probably even a reasonable position to take: Toshiba is the OEM, let them sort out the drivers.  It doesn't help me much, 'though, and I find the idea of Toshiba responding to our complaints unlikely, based on previous experience with them.  But we try.  I am interested in the Omega drivers <http://www.omegadrivers.net/> and will have a look.  As I said before, the problems are annoying, but its just a development machine and I am used to rebooting a lot anyway ;-)

Again, I must say my personal experience with nVidia's products has been better in this regard (ie timely driver fixes on all their platforms).  But that's just my personal story.

Rob.
--
Robert Day            ph  +61 8 9224 3227
Project Bioengineer   fax +61 8 9224 1138
Royal Perth Hospital  robert.day at health.wa.gov.au

Charl P. Botha [mailto:c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl] wrote:
<snip>

> Ahem, I was joking, hence the smiley at the end of my mail.

<snip>