[vtkusers] vtk textbook......URGENT

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Wed Aug 25 12:09:51 EDT 2004

Hi Pallavi,

The 3rd edition is much more up-to-date with the current state of VTK than
the 2nd edition. The reason that you cannot buy the 3rd edition of the
Visualization Toolkit textbook on-line either from Kitware's store or from
Amazon is that the book is currently out of stock. We are expecting a new
shipment shortly (hopefully by the end of this week), and the textbook will
be made available on our store again as soon as we receive the shipment.
This time the text book will be in soft cover, and there are a few minor
changes to the text. The VTK user's guide is currently available from
Kitware's e-store, but if you want to order both books together, you'll
need to wait until the textbooks arrive here.

- Amy