[vtkusers] Re: vtkVolume16Reader: change order of axial slices

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Aug 25 09:14:40 EDT 2004

Hi Joeri,

You need to set a permutation transform in the reader. The file
SliceOrder.tcl will give you an idea of the one
you need. You can apply the transformation either in the reader (as below)
or with vtkTransformFilter after the reader.

try something like this:

source /vtk/graphics/testing/tcl/sliceorder.tcl
reader SetTransform si

hth

Goodwin

"Joeri Nicolaes" <joeri_vtk at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:BAY1-DAV7uIbK9qk3GR00037281 at hotmail.com...
Hi all,

I have an application to read in 3D medical image data with
vtkVolume16Reader and to show the 3 orthogonal views (A,C,S). My problem is
that the CT scanner scanned the body from top to bottom, but I want my
z-axis to be oriented from bottom to top! How can I change this with
vtkVolume16Reader?
Here is my "read-in code":

# read in the imagedata (in raw vtk format: converted with dicom2.exe)
# image consists of 75 ,512x512 pixels using 16bpp, slices
set deltaX 7.105113e-01
set deltaY 7.105113e-01
set deltaZ 5
vtkVolume16Reader reader
  reader SetDataDimensions 512 512
  reader SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian
  reader SetFilePrefix "d:/Image/DATARaw/ct"
  reader SetImageRange 1 75
  reader SetDataSpacing $deltaX $deltaY $deltaZ
  reader Update

Has anyone ever encountered the same problem? How to solve it quickly (as
you see, I work in Tcl)?

Thanks on advance,

Joeri,
Agfa Gevaert, R&D/TI