[vtkusers] Re: ATI Petition for Adequate Drivers in Linux

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Aug 25 08:25:17 EDT 2004

VTK was crashing with my Raedon Mobility (tm) graphics card... I narrowed
the problem down to rendering antialiased fonts. To get around the problem
you can either switch off antialiasing or get a recent cvs version of VTK...
Sebastien recently overhauled the textmappers.

Goodwin

"REGAT-BARREL Aurélien" <arbvtk at yahoo.fr> wrote in message
news:20040825113444.39829.qmail at web25202.mail.ukl.yahoo.com...
Hi,
A friend could not use VTK on his laptop, Windows XP quickly crashed. After
few research, we found that the ATI driver was guilty. As far as I know,
there is still no update.
Don'y buy ATI!

"Day, Robert" <Robert.Day at health.wa.gov.au> wrote:
I suspect that was a typo for Radeon, which ATI do make in a bewildering
variety of forms, see .

That still doesn't excuse the typo, which would devalue any serious attempt
to influence the company. personally, I'd be happy enough if they would fix
the windows XP drivers for their laptop cards. In my case I have a Toshiba;
ATI says Toshiba do the drivers, Toshiba hasn't released a new one in ages,
the current one is broken for several mainstream apps (and vtk), although
not terminally. I have to say nVidia does a much better job at this part of
the customer satisfaction equation.

Rob.

Charl P. Botha wrote:

> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> > You can go there to sign it:
> >
> > http://www.petitiononline.com/atipet/petition.html
>
> > Raedon chips.
>
> I'm not sure ATI is going to take this too seriously. They have no
> products that go by the name of "Raedon" - this product (perhaps from
> another manufacturer?) is referred to throughout the whole petition.
>
> :)
>
> --
> charl p. botha http://cpbotha.net/ http://visualisation.tudelft.nl/

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL
My VTK blog : http://aurelien_regat-barrel.blogspot.com

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés
pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis. Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !