[vtkusers] Re: Q: Marking picked cells (quads)

Sebastian Bade sbad at gl-group.com
Mon Aug 23 06:41:28 EDT 2004

Hi Ingo, hi all

"de Boer Ingo" <I.deBoer at polytec.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:1484AEC8AB498A4EB64D4A8137D23FD90144FF5E at 02polywbr.waldbronn.polytec.de
Hi,

did you look at the vtkCellPicker class ?

greets
  Ingo

yes, I am using pickers, cell and point allready. Also I have implemented a
small marker object using a ball attached to the picked elemets for
visualization. But when picking a larger areas from a geometry (aka multiple
cells) I prefere to mark the whole area, colorize it, pick additional areas,
colorize and finally do something with the cells/points picked underneath.
Ergo, I want to extend my ball marker object, adding a cell marker object
that is created by copying the original cell. This is actually working
allready. Part of the problem is, that the original cell is masking the
marker cell. Solution: I could move my marker normal to the original. This
seams to be a bit too much and I belive there is something like that out
there already :-)

greetings
Sebastian

---
Dr.-Ing. Ingo H. de Boer

Polytec GmbH
Polytec-Platz 1-7, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
phone: ++49 7243 604 106
fax  : ++49 7243 604 255