[vtkusers] Q: Marking picked cells (quads)

Sebastian Bade sbad at gl-group.com
Mon Aug 23 04:15:03 EDT 2004

Hi all

The problem I have is related to the visualization of technical data. I
would like to pick some cells (usually quads) from a grid structure for
further processing. To be able to identify the picked cells I intend to
change their color.
This is no problem when I modify the data attributes associated to the
picked cells. In that case I would have to keep trak of all attributes
changed and re

I would prefere to apply something like a marker, at best this would be a
cell copied form the original with new color values. I could simply throw
away the marker after use or do something else with that data. And I would
never have to touch the original data.

Is there somthing like a cell marker in vtk?
Could someone point me to cell marker sources?
How can I change rendering order from original to copied cell?
How can I slightly move a copied cell normal to the original cell?

Many thanx for your help
Sebastian