[vtkusers] How to insert edges?

Petru Pau ppau at risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Mon Aug 23 02:43:55 EDT 2004

After weeks of failures and bad results, I have discovered the reason:
in the huge vtkPolyData that I read as input, some quads do not have
coplanar vertrices. (Side question: Can it be that vtk avoids making
planarity
tests for quads and polygons?)

The most immediate solution is to insert a few new edges: the diagonals of
these quads.

I tried to do that and failed. First, simply inserting next cell does
not work,
if the list of lines of the poly data is null. Second, if I take the
lines of
the poly data, add the new edge to it, and set it back as the lines of the
poly data, the process fails in the subsequent BuildLinks.

The question is now evident: How can I insert and edge in a vtkPolyData?

Petru