[vtkusers] multiple datasets in same file?

s comp sscomp2004 at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 20 01:10:44 EDT 2004

Is it possible to have more than one set of data of the same type stored in the same vtk data file, or should they be stored in separate files?

eg. two sets of scalars whos point sets might or might not intersect.

(If it is not possible with the vtk data format, is it possible with any other that vtk supports? By the way can someone point me to a list of all the data formats that vtk supports I saw one somewhere but dont think it had formats such as netcdf which I'm sure are supported? also good reference on any of the common data formats such as netcdf would be appreciated)

ok that's a bit to much to ask for in one post I think, but thanks to all who reply

Tahwwhat