[vtkusers] GetVoidPointer() in Python...

Tuhin Sinha tk.sinha at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Aug 19 12:46:29 EDT 2004

Hey all,

  What's the point of vtkDataArray::GetVoidPointer() in Python?  How can
I use the returned pointer address inside Python to get to the data.  In
a similar vein, why doesn't vtkDataArray have something like
ExportToVoidPointer(void*).  This would allow easy exporting of
vtkDataArrays to Python.  FYI, my end goal is to copy a substantial
amount of data from a vtkFloatArray over to a python array without going
through a for loop.  Any help is appreciated.

*Flame retardant*
I am a Python newbie... take it easy on me.

TKS