[vtkusers] Re: curved surfaces - NURBS

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Aug 17 17:11:40 EDT 2004

Goodwin Lawlor wrote:
> Hi Tuhin,
>
> What happened to vtkNURBSSurfaceSource (
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-December/064657.html )?
> There was a vtk class that used GLU to tesselate polygons so it is possible
> to wrap the library. What problem did you hit?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Goodwin
>
> ps If whoever writes the NURBS class gets bored, a vtkIGESWriter/Expoter
> would be useful and would pass the time for you nicely ;-)

I removed the vtkGLUTesselatorTriangleFilter class since it was too
difficult to maintain.

BTW, long time ago I wrote a very simple IGES importer:
http://creatis-www.insa-lyon.fr/~malaterre/vtk/iges/

vtkOCCGeomReader.cxx  /  vtkOCCGeomReader.h

You need OpenCascade installed on your system.

It did work at a time on my computer but I never tried on windoze for
example

HTH,
Mathieu