[vtkusers] Getting examples working....missing .dll file....

s comp sscomp2004 at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 15 09:08:53 EDT 2004

Ok I worked out that I had to set the paths for each interpreter (but couldn't find how to do this for tcl...), but now I get the following error when I try to run a python example:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\vtk42\Examples\Rendering\Python\assembly.py", line 6, in -toplevel-
    import vtk
  File "C:\Program Files\vtk42\Wrapping\Python\vtk\__init__.py", line 7, in -toplevel-
    from common import *
  File "C:\Program Files\vtk42\Wrapping\Python\vtk\common.py", line 9, in -toplevel-
    from vtkCommonPython import *

It seems that the install is missing at least 1 .dll file, (this seems very dodgy to me, but I can't complain it is free software), but none the less I would like to use it, now how can I do this without compiling it myself? (borland's "free comand line tools" doesn't seem to do the job)

thanks

Tahwwhat