[vtkusers] VTK, Qt,VtkQt and stereoRendering

Patrice Aussems p.aussems at skynet.be
Thu Aug 12 09:02:41 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm using Qt, Vtk and the VtkQt-library of Denis Shamoni (I got the same
problem when I use the Matthis Koenig  version) to create an application
that support stereo Rendering.

When I exectute the
renwin->StereoCapableWindowOn() method I got this following error :

Warning: In /local/src/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line
404
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x8286ff4): Requesting a StereoCapableWindow
must be performed before the window is realized, i.e. before a render.

I know that i have to execute this method before the window is rendered
but i did not use render() in the  source code before.

here is a part of my source code :

QApplication app( argc, argv );
QWidget *widg1 = new QWidget;
widg1->resize(1000, 500);