[vtkusers] Viewing an arbitrary .vtk

Jamie Vicary jamie.vicary at mansf.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 12 08:42:41 EDT 2004

Dear all,

   I have a program which will need to create diverse kinds of output,
and I would like to exploit the .vtk file format's flexibility to
represent this data. The output will consist of two- or
three-dimensional volumes, either structured or unstructured, with
possibly boolean, integer or floating point values at each coordinate.

   I am having trouble finding a lightweight and flexible "vtk viewer"
with which I can - preferably in an automatated (ie scriptable) fashion
- render my output. I will want to be able to update the rendered image
on-the-fly as updated data files become available, and will want to be
able to produce lightweight .jpg (or similar) "snapshots" of my output.

   Does there exist anything that will do what I want?

       Many thanks,

          Jamie Vicary