[vtkusers] a very strange question about mesh visualization

Yixun Liu yxliu at fudan.edu.cn
Wed Aug 11 23:47:57 EDT 2004

Hi,

I intend to visualize a 3D tetrahedron mesh which is read from a file.  The ID of the point in the poin set of the meh is from 1. It should begin from 0, but I do not change it. Firstly, I use the VTK4.2 setup version which use the debug single threaded run time lib to visualize it. it is OK.  Because I want to use the debug multithreaded dll run time lib, I compile the source code of the Vtk4.2 and set the  debug multithreaded dll run time lib in the project setting in MSVC6.0.  However, when I want to visualize the same mesh, I see nothing. Only when  I change the beginnig ID of the Point in the point set  from 1 to 0, can I see the mesh in the render window. This make me very puzzeld. I only change the setup version to the recomiler version and change the run time lib. What is the different between them? Why a program running correctly in the setup version can not run in the other version?

Hope your help!

Best regards,

Yixun Liu