[vtkusers] Re: pb with vtkBMPReader

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Tue Aug 10 12:00:42 EDT 2004

What happens when you execute:

viewer SetZSlice 5
viewer Render

?

Goodwin

<lucepz at caramail.com> wrote in message
news:1092149775029459 at lycos-europe.com...
Hi there,

does anyone know how to use correctly the vtkBMPReader in Tcl/tk?
Here is my code to read several bmp files and display them in my tk GUI:

 set dir [tk_chooseDirectory -initialdir "D:/Project/video/ " ]

vtkBMPReader reader
  reader SetDataExtent 0 719 0 575 0 10        #720*576, 10 images from 0 to
10
  reader SetFilePrefix "$dir/ "
  reader SetFilePattern "%s%d.bmp"               # $dir/0.bmp to $dir/10.bmp

  reader Update

vtkImageViewer viewer
  viewer SetColorWindow 256
  viewer SetColorLevel 127.5

 viewer SetInput [reader GetOutput]
 viewer Render

My viewer only displays the first image 0.bmp and doesn't update although I
put the command "reader Update"...Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
L.

Heart disease is Britains biggest killer. Join the British Heart Foundations
Big Red Fightback: bhf.org.uk/fightback